Friday, January 23, 2015

My First Area and NEVER GIVE UP HOPE


 Our house. We live on the bottom floor!

I AM HERE

Hey mom and dad! I am finally here en El Campo. My companion's name is Elder Flores and he is from Guatemala. I will be his last companion and from what I hear he is the best trainer in the mission! He is a really cool guy and is working on his English. I am helping him with that as he is helping me with Spanish. I am in the City of Santiago as my first area.  My areas name is Cristo Rey. I am pretty sick with a nasty intestinal infection by it's all good. I am getting antibiotics for it soon. My companion lit up when I told him I enjoyed cooking and we already went and bought everything to eat! I am10 mins by car 30 by foot to the mission home. Today is my P=day and I love you. I love you lots! Keep preaching the gospel... Btw the scripture I asked you to hang in the Languages just so happens to be THE MISSION SCRIPTURE lol haha The Spirit is awesome! TTyl mom and dad LOTS OF LOVE.

Elder Hefner

PS Tell Mary I love her and miss her !!! And Glorianne and Ben!
View from the bus on my way to Santiago

 Elder Flores and my cooking-My companion is great and the area is awesome as well! and It is just as spiritual like the CCM  

My first lesson

I am so glad to be out in the field.. I don't have long to email so I will be frank just because I have to pay to email you .. I taught my first lesson in a Dirt floor house with holes in the metal tin roof. I am so humbled to be here mom and dad... I love you all... The apartments are pretty bad... Like there is mold everywhere but I am loving every minute out here. My companion has been a zone leader twice and district leader twice and the president and everyone says he is the best in the mission. Know that I am well. I am blessed enough to be in an apartment with running water and a light. I love you all. Please pray for peoples hearts to be open because i am ready to labor without ceasing.

Electricity is always going out. This is me planning by flashlight. 


First Service Project - Building barb wire fence



Never give up HOPE

Hey guys just wanted to share an experience with you all that is strengthening my testimony so much.
I got a call from my mother 3 days ago saying that my dad a 95 percent blockage in his heart and then had severe Pancreatitis. His Pancreas was an hour away from exploding. He is still in the hospital but he is seeing miracles everyday. It was funny because when I got the news I only talked to my mom for about a minute and then said ok.. did he get a blessing and She said yes. I Then I spoke to my dad and said ok then I have to go. I went back into the lesson I was teaching which JUST HAPPENED to be on HOPE and the POWER of the SAVIOR and I bore my testimony to these families. We were teaching about 16 people some which were return,inactive missionaries. I told them what had happened and told them that I knew that my Redeemer lives. My companion and I are now doubling our efforts to teach and preach because I know that through my service, my father will see miracles. I am here to serve the Lord and I am ready to be a missionary. My first thought after that call was not to ask God why or curse him. My first thought was to preach the Gospel and that is exactly what I am going to do. We are teaching so many people that most nights we don´t get in until 10 or later. We already have two baptisms lined up. One is on the 31st and the other on the 14th of February ! It´s just been super spiritual over all.. We teach 24-7 ! I am receiving the gift of tongues though every single day...  I know this work is the greatest on the face of the earth. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is The restored church of my Savior and I know it to be true with all my heart. In the Name of my Master and Savior Jesus the Christ. Amen.
Elder Hefner

My agenda with a picture I felt I should take

A scripture I read that really helped me this week!

My Spiritual Message
My spiritual message is to never give up hope. Read Romans Chapter 8 and be strengthened.

 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
 26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Next week I´ll send you a recording of me singing and my testimony because it doesn´t want to work. I love you though! Talk to you later and I am praying everyday for you!
Love,
Elder Hefner


From the Mission News Letter - Arrival January 13, 2015













No comments:

Post a Comment