Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Story of a Coin

Can you tell that I have lost weight?


OK this is what happened this week... So Thursday I had my toughest day in the mission yet. My district leader threw me and Elder Henze out in the field together alone... Two Trainees alone with the same Spanish level of basically zero... I taught more lessons that day than I thought possible. We took Edwin with us to go and teach. He is a Future missionary who leaves for his mission in Mexico in 2 weeks. By the end of the day we honestly had nothing in our tanks and went home frustrated. This is because one of our greatest investigators rejected a certain doctrine and it was tough. Edwin even asked to take a siesta in the middle of the day. By 9:30 he was ready to just about fall over. We testified that this is what missionary work is like. You give it your all and just when you think you can´t´make it over the next mountain you take everything from your reserve tank and beg the Lord for strength and somehow you do. Elder Flores meant for us to be really close with the Spirit, but he told us that whenever we have a hard day on the mission just remember that day... Elder Flores gave me counsel and a lot of great advice on how to be in the next generation of ¨ Spiritual Giants¨ . This was fantastic. I feel much more confident in my Lord that he is helping my Spanish. I am so grateful for my Companion. After this I was pondering the words of my patriarchal blessing a lot and was wondering what the answer was. I found it when I walked out of a movie today that the zone was watching because the Spirit wasn't there. Elder King came up to me and gave me a new coin. He then gave me council that pierced my heart. He didn't know that on the Intercambio (Exchange) I had given my coin away by COMMAND of the Spirit to a boy I did not even know. The Young man had dropped 5 pesos on the ground and the Spirit Came and spoke to me clear AS DAY. And I literally heard the Words ¨give him your coin¨ So after three witnesses of this I did. I was then told that because of that coin that young boy would one day join the church but he just wasn't ready yet. It has been an incredible week. I have found strength in Alma 26:22. It is exactly the type of missionary the lord wants me and Elder Henze to be. 

Alma 26: 22

  • Book of Mormon
22Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works , and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring... 

My shoes after 2 weeks in the field

My shoes are after I already fixed them...TWICE in the front and the Heel I had to glue up because it was gone...

MOM & DAD THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SENDING SHOES! I haven´t received them yet but my shoes are so horrible. I am in a lot of pain when I walk.. I am literally walking on Gravel.My feet are raw from that and walking in wet socks. 


A Message from Mother to Son and Elder Hefner's reply


Glorimar Hefner
Feb 11 (3 days ago)

to Timothy 
I am impressed to tell you not to be afraid of your Spanish! You have heard it all your life...your Spanish is in your veins. ...you are my son! Close your eyes and I promise you your Spanish will come out of your mouth flawlessly...let the Spirit speak...do not over think it... 
Timothy Hefner Feb 11 (3 days ago) to me 
Hahaha thanks mom.  Also Our next baptism is either the 14th or possibly the 28th depending on if Tono is ready.But let me tell you the Faith of that man is Incredible. I love you so much I will be sending you pictures of my new coin from Elder King. We taught Edwin and his family about the mission and we talked about the 2000 stripling warriors and I testified of the fact that they were taught by their mothers I testified of you. I love you so much!!! I think about you daily. Your love fuels my testimony like you would not believe. BTW if you want to feel like a missionary Listen to The Nashville Tribute Band.I promise as you listen to the songs you will feel me with you !

A Message to Dad

Hey dad... So you were right. My companion right now is my greatest friend. I love him from now into the Eternities. Elder Flores was actually a Zone leader for a year straight. My president said I have the Best trainer in the Mission and he was right. He tries to live every rule to the best of his abilities. It is such a blessing to have him as my trainer. I love you dad. I love you and thank you for your emails. I have a very special letter on the way. Please read it and follow what it says regarding our family. It was direct revelation from the Spirit. I love you dad with all my heart. As your heart is mending let my heart do the work for both of us. I promise you it is big enough and has enough love to support you and every person here.
Love,
Elder Hefner
 

Service at a Member's house and they have Parcheesi here!  (Elder Hefner grew up playing this game at home)


No comments:

Post a Comment