Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Just an instrument

 This is a terrible picture of me having to smash Spanish seasoning by hand because our blender broke... (Don't worry the lasagna was DELICIOUS THOUGH. TOTALLY WORTH IT) 



This is my new companion. His nickname is Ben.. Just because he is the American version of my Brother in law... Needless to say we get along great. Not a day passes when we aren't laughing.

Hey pops... So I love my comp.. He's a really funny guy. He is teaching me to enjoy the mission more... It's what I have been trying to learn since I went through a ton of trials... Are area is pretty much dead... We are working hard though and we put one family with a date for baptism yesterday. We are also going to put two or 3 more people with a date next week. I want to send you and mom different stories this week of expereinces. Our elders had a baptism saturday and everyone gathered together. The whole ward basically showed up because after the Baptism a young man opened his mission call. He aslo had to lose 60 pounds before he could go serve. I talked to his parents and told them i had the same thing. They asked me several questions and now we are very good friends... But after the closing prayer of the baptism we started to open the letter with a hymn and a prayer. The Branch President then invited me to share my testimony. You can imagine that this was a make or break moment. It was a great moment to gain the confidence of the members if the Spirit was there. I prayed that the Spirit would accompany me and truly I have never borne a more powerful testimony in my entire life. I was so grateful to have been ready and worthy in that moment. The District President ( I am in a District not a Stake) came up to me afterwards and told me that he really appreciated my testimony... Then after a young 18 year old future missionary and her mother called me over. She told me that when she goes out into the field my type of testimony was one that she wanted to have. It truly humbled me. I take no credit for myself. The Lord used me to fulfill his purposes that night. It was even cooler that a few days beforehand I had had the impression to fast as well specifically for the Holy Ghost. We must ALWAYS be prepared to be his instruments...
Love you pops!

Just an instrument

I am just an instrument. The Lord's the amazing one. I have played well over 100 Concerts in my life. NO ONE has ever walked up to me and said " WOW YOUR INSTRUMENT PLAYED A GREAT CONCERT." We should always thank the Musician first. It is one of my greatest examples I have a very long one as well but It fits well enough to say that remember my favorite Scripture Alma 26:12,27-31 ... It's not me. It's Him.

12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

 28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.

 29 And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again.

 30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.

 31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.




This is also my new district.. I am still the District leader (almost 1 year now as a District leader 0_o) but we are just missing our two sisters from the District in the picture. I love you all!!


HEYYY everyone! I am in a different area now! My first time in a rich area... Well I am in the same zone as 3 of the missionaries from my group of 8 that entered in together on the mission

New Area - La Vega

SO I LIVE IN A MANSION... This apartment has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a NICE KITCHEN... I HAVE CABINETS IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!! lol The area is different.... BUT i am going to lose the last of any fat that I have here... WE WALK A LOT. To get to a few appointments it's more than 2 and a half miles walking... We saw a miracle this week and once again I have been called to revive a dead area... Seems to be my legacy of this mission. The district is buzzing with excitement to Skype May 8th... We are planning everything right now.. IT WILL BE MY LAST SKYPE HOME! I am doing well! How are Lilly and Ganne??

No I am fine really... lol But I could use a pair of socks... BUT IF YOU CAN PLEASE SEND A Water proof like jacket that looks nice enough to go with a white shirt and tie... Something Professional.. IT IS POURING ON US EVERYDAY and I am getting soaked to the bone... as well as my shoes LOL I am going to buy a strong umbrella here... lol We were walking through LAKES yesterday.... And I think my boots should hold out until the end of my mission.. They still have descent tread on them its just the heels that are getting a little worn.. But they haven't broken yet!

I love you guys!! Talk to you guys later!!! HURRAH!
Elder Hefner

No comments:

Post a Comment