Sunday, May 22, 2016

A man who shouted hello...

The La Vega Zone!!! Don't worry no one went in the river!  LOL

A message to dad

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sending the insoles! We have been walking a TON and my knees and feet having been paying a hard price... Today was a really fun activity of grilling... It relieved a lot of stress for me! haha I am glad to hear all is well in the High Priests group... The Lord has blessed me with extra strength thanks to the blessing from the 70. I have received a strength to endure that I have never before known. I have exactly 6 months now until I return home. I have done an incredible self reflection and I don't even know the BOY who walked through the doors of the MTC many months ago. I have begin to understand more and more of my true identity as a Son of God. In reality through all my trials I feel like I have just grown up. Being without you or mom has been SO HARD. The love I feel for you two is beyond this world... Literally. But really in these times of trial and growth I have learned to depend on my Heavenly Parents more. They were the only ones there to comfort me when in Esperanza and La Herradura I would be incredibly sick... or when my feet hurt so bad I thought I wouldn't be able to leave and teach. I truly have learned the power of exact obedience and humility... When we give EVERYTHING we have to The Lord and submit our will to his.. AND eventually evolve to the point where the two wills are one... THAT'S when the miracles happen... And that is when there is SPIRITUAL POWER given to Authority. I love you dad. 
Elder Hefner
 The Elders found out I can cook... So we will now be eating together for every lunch... I cook they clean lol


A message to mom and you

Sorry you just got a lot of photos that will make you happy!!! So I HAVE BEEN BLESSED. We have a great doctor in our ward and he knows THE GREATEST Gastroenterologist in the Country!!!!! He is personally getting me a visit with him tomorrow... Apparently this guy has saved several lives as well and is incredible... We had another tough week... Elections were this Sunday so the area presidency said we could only have church for an hour so that everyone could vote... We have had several Sundays without anyone showing up... To be honest I was getting pretty down until a couple of days ago. We had two different people accept to be baptized!!! We have just been working our tails off contacting everyday and just trying to show the Lord that we were ready for blessings in his own time. I was still feeling a little down until an hermana that was in Esperanza with me just emailed me (She's home now) She sent me something that truly touched my heart. I was on the way home out of my area one night and felt that we should contact a man who shouted hello at us (Normally we don't because if someone does that here it normally means that they are intoxicated.) We went over and I just gave him a folleto (pamphlet) and asked if he wanted to hear more. He said a casual "sure" so I thought nothing of it and kept on my way back to my area ( We went with the Sisters to visit someone with a Baptismal date that night and we were about 3 miles  from home and it was about 8 at night so we were hauling it to get back home on time!) This is what She wrote me:


Oh and i also want to thank you 
That reference you gave us for that guy in the fritura stand in esperanza 
Adalberto , he was awesome , he gave me a lot to study for  and he asked a lot but a lot of questions and since you know hna seamons still didn't know that much Spanish it was practically me the whole time with a headache (2hr citas ) 
And we ate some of his very interesting fritura (ie pig heart, lung, tounge, cheek, intestines) for him to go to church for the first time and he did and 3 weeks ago he got baptized!!!!!! so thank you for always listening to the spirit :) 
You're an awesome missionary 
All that work you do actually pays off in the given time 

I actually gave this story in my homecoming talk :) 
Thank you for being a diligent worker in the Lords vineyard

Keep it up 
I'm pretty sure you'll have awesome moments in La Vega 
Just keep on doing what you do and you'll keep on being a successful missionary 

Till next week

Sometimes blessings come immediately, sometimes they come in a few weeks or months, and sometimes some blessings come when we reach our celestial destination but as the prophets have promised, THEY COME. I know this to be an eternal truth. Let us always remember the words of King Benjamin in The Book Of Mormon when he said 

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." 

And the words of The Lord to the Prophet Joseph when he revealed 

What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Elder Hefner

Grilling wings!                      Me and Elder Tucker from my District, he planned the event!

Hey I have to go soon... Thanks for telling me about your spiritual experiences. I miss the Temple a lot.. The first thing I am going to do after I get released is go to the temple... Then we can go buy all the clothes and stuff... lol Te amo tambien!!! Recuerde quien TU ERES!!!! Eres UN HIJA DE DIOS!!! Lea este discurso de nuevo! Cambio mi vida!!! (I love you too!!! Remember who YOU ARE!!!! You are A DAUGHTER OF GOD!!! Read this talk again! It changed my life!!!)
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/i-am-a-child-of-god?lang=eng

HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM KOLIPOKI... WHITE MAN WITH WEAK STOMACH hahahaha LOVE YA'LL!!!!! MAKE IT A GREAT WEEK!!!!!! 



WHEN THE ZONE FOUND OUT I CAN COOK... Cooking on a "Fulgon" That's 6 lbs of rice and a TON of chicken... I was moving fast. Grilling on an open flame is NOT EASY! lol
Chessy Elder Hefner Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment