Thursday, December 10, 2015

How I knew Lilly was being born and a lesson that change my life forever

Pretty sweet DOUBLE RAINBOW

Truly a Comforter

A note from mom and dad: On November 29, 2015 Elder Hefner's sister Glorianne gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. What is amazing to us is that the minute the doctor decided that a C-Section was needed and Glorianne was prepared for surgery by many nurses, a message comes from a member in Dominican Republic asking if the baby was born. He said that Elder Hefner was with him and wanted to know. The Spirit bore witness to Elder Hefner that his niece was being born and that all was going to be well for both mother and child.

My week was good... I kind of lost it a little when I was with Kelvin and he was giving reports on Lilly... I had to leave the room.. It was a massive trial for me this week and still kind of is.. Kelvin writes all the messages for me through his phone so I don´t break any rules... I am glad to hear my little niece is good and healthy.. I am sure Ben is going to ball crying when he blesses her in church... Wish I could be there to be part of the Circle but it´s ok... Abuelo is going to be there in my place :) One thing now is that I am super sensitive to the promptings of the Spirit... He has been a constant guide now..It´s the only way to be an effective missionary...
My miracle boots finally bit the dust... We got caught in a downpour and had to walk in mud up to our ankles for about 2 miles... Needless to say we fell a few times and when we got to the lesson our investigators couldn't believe the mormons were so ¨Dedicated¨... We got a good laugh out of it! BUT it officially destroyed my boots...

A lesson that change my life forever

It´s amazing really... I have preached in probably 1000 lessons or more.. walked more than 1000 miles here... but I finally have one lesson that has changed my life forever. We are preparing an 8 year old boy named Lizandro (HE IS INCREDIBLY INTELLIGENT) but this 8 year old boy has taught me more about this Gospel than anyone else. To teach to him is to teach pure doctrine and truth. To explain that the family can be eternal is something of wonder and amazement. To be honest I feel as though I am truly in the place of the Savior as he calls the Children one by one to bless them.. I finally understand why. If we could all look at the Gospel through the life of a child there would be no war, grief or anxiety. It is purely simple and simply pure. We have a Savior. His name is Jesus The Christ. He was slain for the sins of the world. He loves us. The family exists forever not just for right now. It's no wonder that we read in The Book of Mormon in Alma 32
¨ And now, he impaireth his word by angels unto men, yea, not only men but women also. Now this is not all; little children do have words given unto them many times, which confound the wise and the learned.¨
I know these things to be true. The Lord´s true church has been restored once more to the Earth. He is the leader of this church. I am His representative and it is the most sacred calling I will probably ever hold. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Restored church on the earth. In his holy name. Amen.

Elder Hefner

Cooking with some of our ward members

Using Jackson Barattiero's tie

GUINEA PIGS!!


Preparing the meat for Thanksgiving Lunch. IT´S THANKSGIVING!!!! My old companion Elder Olalere and I decided to throw a thanksgiving... I cooked most of the food and it was pretty tasty (Not to toot my own horn lol) The zone of Missionaries really enjoyed it!


 







We got caught in the rain and had to wait an hour and a half in the rain for the guagua (bus) to come after interviews with the president... President´s wife couldn´t believe our luck and just stood in the church with her hand on her head lol



LOOK 407!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment