Saturday, June 11, 2016

How your children are ALWAYS WATCHING

The Zone!!!

This is our area..... LOL


Hey mama !!!! I don't know how much time I have... Not feeling super hot. I may need to make a "Final Countdown" Run to the bathroom.... LOL I am doing a little better. WE HAVE FOUND TWO AMAZING FAMILIES!!!!!!! I am praying t hat they get baptized! I have had some incredible spiritual experiences this week.... Including a couple hearts that have softened even though we thought it impossible. I also literally saw a miracle.  Also photos are on the way! PUERTO RICO LOOKED LIKE PARADISE!!!!! I am glad you guys had fun! I want to go after the mission!

A couple that I interviewed for baptism... 

So I want to write all of you about the power of example. As parents something think that setting an example is important.. Others not so much... Well I want to talk about the power of example and how your children are ALWAYS WATCHING. When I was 4 years old my parents took me to church. ALWAYS. My only memory of my youth was the experience when I first learned how to pray. I remember that someone walked up to the Pulpit to pray. My father immediately bowed his head and shut his eyes and clasped his hands together. You need to know that I looked up to my Father as a giant among men (I still do.) Anything he did I copied. I immediately closed my eyes and clasped my hands. I then peaked up after about 6 seconds to see if I was doing it right. I saw my dad then bring his clasped hands to his head and with his thumbs rub is eyes with his eyes still shut. I followed suit... I had no Idea why I did it but it's what he did. Almost 17 years later until today I still have the habit of rubbing my eyes every time I bow my head to pray. The lessons a parent teaches their kids are far more powerful than just words... Our Savior taught an excellent example of this when he said in Matthew 5  "14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.


 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Hey I have to go!!! I love you guys a ton!!!!! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!! BYE!!!

Elder Hefner
My new companion who arrived today... ELDER GOMEZ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment