Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Them who are upon the isles of the sea


Picture from the following week for the computer did not allow him to upload pictures





Hey Pops... Everything is going great... Either me or my comp is being transferred... I think it will be me but I am not sure... It Doesn't matter really. I was thinking a lot the other day about several things and the change the Lord has done with me. I can't lie I am EXHAUSTED. I met with a 70 yesterday and he looked at me once and could tell I was about ready to fall over and take a nap where I was standing LOL. He Looked at me and asked how I was doing... I said GREAT.. He looked at me again and then said Are you sure? with a smile I said yea I am good... It made me chuckle. I was going through Memory lane and thinking of Tanden the other day and the small part I played in helping him get on the mission.. It fills my soul with complete joy to know that he is leaving... If you could get his email for me I would love to write him to see how he's feeling. I will keep Ben in my prayers... Love you dad. Keep the Faith
Elder Hefner

Hey mom....I was writing a lot to my mission president... He seemed really tired this morning when he called... MY COMP is moving up to District Leader... So that means one of the two of us is leaving Wednesday.. I think it's me... all the signs are there.... I probably won't get to see Saul baptized.. He could just move me to be a District Leader in another place... I have been District leader for a year and 3 months.................................................. I wouldn't be mad either way..... lol And I hope so... I sent him that same scripture. I think he is just exhausted from doing so much AND being a full time dad of 3 kids... One being 6 years old..... I am sure he is pushing himself to the very limit honestly...AND we have to non members who went to EFY that came back yesterday and sought us out... They told us they wanted to start the discussions IMMEDIATELY and wanted to be baptized. The 18 year old one said he wanted to serve a mission !!!!! It was incredible...
Naaa I am good.. BUT what you can do is send a little mail pouch that is yellow just with Visine in it... My eyes are messed up... LOL That only costs 3 dollars. Elder Tuckers mom has sent one EVERY WEEK of his mission! lol I made Fried Burritos for my District today... They were all VERY happy.... lol
Na it's ok I think I want to see you guys in the airport.. The ride home will be tough enough.. I feel like it's just something I need to do by myself. And Yes I am I would rather not talk about it... Na I am not sick my eyes are just SUPER dry... Dad will understand me about the Plane thing... Plus I have always dreamed about coming home and seeing you guys at the end of that hallway in the Airport. Plus we have to go on the Cruise Immediately so it would be easier.. 
Honestly mom I have changed alot.. I love you guys.. I have to go now. Hurrah for Israel!
I love you both a ton... I just resent my email to dad... Tell grandma thank you for the recipes!!! I didn't have time to write anyone else just you and dad! TALK TO YOU NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Elder Hefner

My Mission Scripture. 2 Nephi10:21-25

 21 But great are the promises of the Lord unto them who are upon the isles of the sea; wherefore as it says isles, there must needs be more than this, and they are inhabited also by our brethren.

 22 For behold, the Lord God has led away from time to time from the house of Israel, according to his will and pleasure. And now behold, the Lord remembereth all them who have been broken off, wherefore he remembereth us also.

 23 Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.

 24 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, reconcile yourselves to the will of God, and not to the will of the devil and the flesh; and remember, after ye are reconciled unto God, that it is only in and through the grace of God that ye are saved.

 25 Wherefore, may God raise you from death by the power of the resurrection, and also from everlasting death by the power of the atonement, that ye may be received into the eternal kingdom of God, that ye may praise him through grace divine. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment