Friday, May 22, 2015

I believed that I could NEVER be forgiven...

So this is us golfing! I made that shot onto the green from about 200 yrds away... MY GOLF SKILLS ARE GETTING SO GOOD! I can´t wait to bring grandpa and dad here.. It is a mountain course in FANTASTIC CONDITION that we can see ALL of the island... and the carts are super fun! 


Wednesday 5/13/2015 E-mailHey So I left my keys at the golf coarse and we have to go all the way back now so I don´t know if I can email today... If i can´t today I can tomorrow... SORRY! LOVE YOU! 

Thursday 5/14/2015 E-mail

Tono has his baptism Interview today right after we finish talking! and we are doing the service Saturday morning as a GIANT surprise. The zone is coming too to help! lol 

So the power of repentance is real. I am not talking about just major sins but the little ones we do everyday as well. We have a divine birthright as Sons and Daughters of God. We are his LITERAL children. How blessed are we to be Sons and Daughters of the One True King. He is very quick to forgive and the Power of his Son´s Atonement will cover ANY sin. Our garments which were once stained red can be white once more. I have learned this lesson personally this week and just wanted to share it with all of you. Most of the time in this life we feel as though we have a weight we can't get rid of. Or if we feel like we have had a tough day it can seem as though we have a massive weight on our shoulders. The power of the Atonement of Christ is for everyone. It is the only thing that can relieve this weight from us. My first testimony came from this power about 3 years ago. I sat one night feeling as though I had nothing left to give and had NO IDEA which way my life was supposed to go. I had done a lot of wrong. I believed that I could NEVER be forgiven. Then something told me read in The Book of Mormon ( Another Testament of Jesus Christ that we read hand in hand with The Bible) and in it I read from 2 Nephi Chapter 4. For the first time in my life I truly called upon the Name of my Savior and the help of my Heavenly Father. Now I am a big guy and I have lifted weights almost everyday of my life. So when I say this next sentence I mean it literally. In this moment it felt as though i had 100 lbs taken off of my chest and shoulders. I felt light and I actually began to smile and weep tears of joy. Sins that I had carried for years were forgiven in an instant and I began my process of coming to Love my Savior. Guys He is THERE, WAITING and LISTENING. He knows our potential. My mom wrote me once and said something that is a undeniable truth. She said ¨Everyday we have the Opportunity to start all over¨ And I testify of her words that it is true. With the help of our Savior, Redeemer and Best Friend we can. He suffered all for us so that we need not suffer at all. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Ok I have to go... Our Zone leaders are waiting for us! But I will send more next week! The computer keeps freezing! But your scripture is 3rd Nefi 17!! I read it this morning and it really touched me! LOVE YOU!!!! Talk to you next week! And you need to read it in SPANISH NOT ENGLISH!!!! Ok ttyl!! 

 Elder Hefner

3 Nephi 17
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/3-ne/17?lang=eng



No comments:

Post a Comment