Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Story of a Puppy

We rescued a puppy...

GIVE A LITTLE MORE

WOW WHAT A WEEK. So to start I haven´t gotten more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep for the past 8 or 9 days. Normally that´s ok! BUT when you´re walking for forever everyday it gets a little rough... I also got food poisoning AGAIN! WOOOOOOO lol It really got to the point that I had to THROW myself out of bed in the morning and just beg for enough strength to make it to the ironing board. The morning of Stake Conference I truly considered not going because of how far my physical limits have been stretched. Then I just had a small feeling to just go a little farther. SO I did and turns out the Lord unfolded his blessings. Mark Chase was waiting for me at the Stake Center. I heard ¨Elder Hefner you are a hard man to find!¨ I can´t describe to you how happy it made me to have him there. I actually looked up and smiled thanking my Father in Heaven for the reprieve. Also President Cornish from the 70 was there speaking and helped answer a lot of the questions I had. ALSO 5 of my less actives showed up to church! AT STAKE CONFERENCE! One of them being the HAITIAN family I am teaching... Mark went to work teaching while I was still left gawking... I fasted as instructed by the Lord and finally started feeling energy again and was able to work despite the lack of sleep. We had a fantastic week last week with 32 lessons with 13 with members! TONO IS GOING HOME with the missionary work... Although something opened my eyes this week.. We were teaching and for the first time someone told me that they did not know who God or Jesus Christ were... It was honestly the greatest experience explaining that we have a loving Father in Heaven and a Savior. I think the lesson this week is that Even when we think we have given our all we MUST give a little more. THAT is when the Blessings come. 
Me with Mark Chase!WOW IT WAS GREAT TO SEE HIM... AND SPEAK ENGLISH lol  (Mark served with Tim Sr. back in 1988 - Haitian Creole speaking. Timmy is trying to learn Creole also but what a blessing Mark was there to teach that Haitian family)
Evanine...She is a Haitian member from the ward! and Tono!

The Story of a Puppy

OH anddd We rescued a puppy... Hey don´t worry it is just in our apartment for tonight. Our investigator Yolanda, who has lost her husband and 4 others this year, just lost her dog. Me and the dog were best friends. Every time we came over she would freak and jump all over me. Her dog died giving birth.. SO we found the puppy and she was honestly a sign because we brought her home but she ran away. But today she was waiting on the corner again and I felt like it was the right thing to do... It was meant for Yolanda!! Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways.
My first Baptism Frankairo received the Melchizedek Priesthood this week!!!!!! And my practically brother Carols!!!  WOOOOOOOOOO They are best friends and the First and second councilors in the Young Man´s presidency of our ward. They are starting their papers!!!
Read Alma 37 especially verse 37 it is my favorite about prayer and the meaning of a meaningful prayer... But hey I have to go now... I love you a ton mom! Hugs to the family!!

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/37?lang=eng

 37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.





No comments:

Post a Comment