Sunday, July 19, 2015

Saying goodbye to Cristo Rey...Esperanza here I come... a Badge of Honor

The Zone of Santiago Sur!!!! 

6 Months in Cristo Rey - Memories for Eternity

Me with my first baptisim ask! Luis Duverge he is going to receive the higher Priesthood soon!
 With one of my favorite families in La Cebita... I planted deep seeds there...
Me with Familia Rosario... They were the family I was with when I received the call from dad about his heart... 4 of them are completely reactivated and Hermana Luisa and her husband Luis will get baptized next transfer!
And me with Jorge and Pepin from the ward
Saying goodbye to Tono was rough...  But he is happy and one of THE MOST FAITHFUL MEMBER OF CRISTO REY!
With Hermana Teresa... She promised me she would be reactivated in the next year...
Me with all the kids at our Noche De Hogar! 
And Me with Familia Cruz and Frankairo my other baptism! While I have been there Hermana Cruz, Milagros, Vianessa, Betico and Beatriz have all been completely reactivated and Vianessa's husband is being baptized next transfer... They are working on their papers to be married!!!! Also we have 3 other baptisms happening next transfer in Cristo Rey that I will return for...A lot... Alot of Goodbyes... We have 3 people ready to be baptized but they shut down Cristo Rey B so Elder Olalere has ALOT of work now... As it was we couldn´t pass by everyone..All the Baby Boom missionaries from the age change are leaving so they have to shut alot of areas... We have 26 leaving and only 8 coming in... I will return for the Baptisms this next transfer!! 

Esperanza - New area, new companion, new responsibilities

Wow... I am overwhelmed right now honestly... All this at once has been crazy.. From Junior Companion to a bunch of responsibilities at once... So.... I am in more than just a new area... I have been called to be Senior Companion and District Leader.... I don´t know what the Lord is thinking but I am going to need your prayers. GOOD NEWS IS MY COMP IS AWESOME! He has 3 months in the field... My companion's name is Elder Galleguillos ! My area is a campo (the country)..... I have huge mountains in my backyard and the house never has running water and hardly electricity... MY AREA IS HUMOUNGUS.... It is INSANE!!! lol 
Me and my new comp Elder Galleguillos...I am his ¨Step-Dad¨ in mission Terms... his first companion after his trainer!

Dad's surgery on Tuesday...WHY ARE YOU EVEN WORRIED? lol He´s going to be perfect LOL Don´t stress over that ! The Lord will provide as he always has and always will as long as we are obedient and Faithful in Keeping his Commandments. Please rest assured that your missionary has NO WORRIES! ALSO NO ELECTRICITY hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D and don't worry all the stoves we have run on Gas... And there are parts of our area where we actually HAVE to ride a motorcycle... President said so hahahahaha This is so different from home... This area is as hot as Florida... But imagine living in a house in Florida without AC at night... needless to say I packed away Grandmas blanket for a little while......... lol

A badge of honor


I want you to know I have found my Purpose as a missionary. It came the morning right before I was called to this Position... I was Reading and It hit me so hard when I was reading the Scriptures. I read IN Doctrine and Covenants 64 It says 

 25 Wherefore, if ye believe me, ye will labor while it is called today.
 29 Wherefore, as ye are agents, ye are on the Lord’s errand; and whatever ye do according to the will of the Lord is the Lord’s business.
30 And he hath set you to provide for his saints in these last days, that they may obtain an inheritance in the land of Zion.
 31 And behold, I, the Lord, declare unto you, and my words are sure and shall not failthat they shall obtain it.
 32 But all things must come tpass in their time.
 33 Wherefore, be not weary in well-doingfor ye are layinthe foundation of great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
 34 Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days. 

That For me is the Door... The Key To open it was found in D&C 121
45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men,anto the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thconfidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.
 46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companionand thy scepter an unchanging scepter orighteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.
These Scriptures have forever changed my mission... And when I knelt down to pray after having found them. I gave thanks and I distinctly remember telling the Lord... ¨Ok Lord I know you have been waiting to call me to lead... It is time for me to lead. I will do thy will and be thy Instrument¨  Mom and Dad I am so happy to be here. I am learning through the toughest of trials but IT IS WORTH EVER MINUTE. Just for Tono everything I have gone through does not have a comparison. I have discovered what Hope through the Atonement is.. Now i am searching to really know my Savior. I want to know him more than I know myself. I truly feel as though I am loosing myself in this work. Leaving Cristo Rey was honestly harder than leaving home. These people are my family. I would give anything to make sure I see them once more in the first Resurrection. One of the 12 said in a devotional to the Missionaries that ¨One of the badges of Honor you will wear as you kneel before the Savior will be the Badge you wore while you were a missionary¨ Now my only goal is to be able to walk hand in hand into The Celestial Kingdom with these people... I can´t imagine Eternity without them. I love you a ton. Dad, the Lord will bless you with a Speedy recovery if your goal to recover is because you want to build up his kingdom faster before his coming. Always remember that and it will go super fast... Love you a ton mom and dad
Elder Hefner









No comments:

Post a Comment