Friday, July 31, 2015

WOW I HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL YOU!

The Motoconcho lol (I can't even translate this...all I know it is a small motorcycle taxi) This is us three on the bike lol we had many strange looks as we passed... While we were riding my feet could touch the ground no problem hahahahaha

A message to dad

Hey dad... So Mom gave me a heart attack when she called the mission LOL All I hear from the Office sister is that ¨Elder Hefner your mom called¨ My heart hit the floor lol Next time let her know that ¨No news is good news¨ when you are a missionary lol So I love my area... the area is HUGE. It is the size of about 3 or 4 areas.. We walk anywhere from 10-45 minutes in between lessons......... Needless to say I have lost another inch on my stomach and my size 17 shirts have a nice loose fit lol We have already found 7 new investigators that show promise IN ONE WEEK. The Lord is definetley here. I know you will recover very quickly so that you can get back to serving others. Love you pops. Speedy Recovery
Elder Hefner
 
Pictures of the Area......... We have A LOT HERE... LOL JKJK


A message to mom

FIRST QUESTION! ¿¿¿Do you know a Miguel Iglesia and his wife who live in Kissimmee... they are members and well the name has been ringing in my head... I feel as though we had them over with the missionaries once??? I AM TEACHING HIS FAMILY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY LIVE RIGHT BEHIND THE APARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had an Awesome Family home evening we had ¨Noche de Hogar¨  en Spanish... I Barbecued hot dogs for everyone and I found my new best friend... lol He is the dog of the family. Every time I come over he breaks his chain and tries to play... he is REALLY THE BLACK KENAI...  same energy and everything! 
¨You can take the Barbecue away from the Elder, but you can´t take the elder away from the Barbecue¨ lol
 

 
We had a man stop us asking for a Book of Mormon.. He wants to take the lessons... His brother is the stake President of one of the stakes in the mission... lol ummm We found 6 more people to teach who are really strong.. And the work is progressing really fast!
My comp is from Orem Utah but his dad is from Argentina and his mom is from Chile... He´s about the same Spanish Level I am lol ... and WOOOOO My boots have seen a few miles... The apartment sucks.. We only have water once every 3 days or so. So we have those huge storage tanks of water in the shower and a pitcher and we take ¨Bucket Showers¨lol It is more like the climate of Florida here... Pretty hot.. I am taking my shirts in to be fixed.. They are just way too big now lol
Yes there is one Colmado (small market) close by but it only has rice, beans, salami and eggs... lol the town has two ¨ Supermarkets¨ It is a building with three isles of food.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am in the middle of nowhere.. To go to zone meetings we have to hop a bus for 45 minutes !

And me and my comp on the back of a motorcycle! We have to use them in one part of our area because it is just too big... Don´t worry we have permission lol But it is a bus ride at 50 mph 15 mintues then on motorcycle at 40mph another 15 minutes to a recent converts house.. If not we´d have to walk about 4 or 5 hours in total just to visit her lol I personally hate motorcycles but Ya gotta do what ya gotta do . Down here they are called ¨Motoconchos¨ Three men... One Tiny 200-300 cc Dirtbike... talk about a sore butt lol

BTW Tono called me on the phone of the missionaries... He asked me if I was going to come back and Visit him for Father´s day.. since he always called me his son I thought it was figurative but he really meant it.. It cut me pretty deep when I told him I had to help the Lord´s Children here and couldn't return for a while...

WE USE GAS STOVES... And we have enough electricity... The power is actually fantastic! I have had a VERY stable diet of Pancakes, Eggs, bread and water... lol But I did go all out one day and cook Rice with eggs and Salchichas ! hahaha My comp,he makes really good Corn Flakes con Leche!(with milk)
Hey I have to go now...Love you guys more!!!!!!
Elder Hefner

A message for you

I do have a scripture for them... JUST POST IT WITH GIANT LETTERS and put it as my message for the week! :) 3 Nefi 18: 18-21.
 18 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always lest ye enter into temptation; for Satandesireth to have you, that he may sift you as wheat.
 19 Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name;
 20 And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.
 21 Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment