Monday, August 3, 2015

So something that no one knows is that...

Found a pig roasting over an open fire... Kind of like Dominican Chestnuts but its only July...

Wounded Feet

So something that no one knows is that I have Plantar Fasciitis in my feet. I have had it since my Senior Year in High School... It can be a dull throbbing in the feet or a sharp pain due to inflammation of the feet. Well, mine is in the range of Sharp pain in the Tips of my toes and in my Heel and Achilles Tendon... It has hurt me Severely to walk everyday, especially since we are walking anywhere from 5-9 miles a day... And yes, I counted. I couldn't understand it to be honest. Why would God want his servants to suffer more than already necessary to preach the Gospel... We read in Nehemiah that God Blessed the Israelites that their feet wouldn't swell in the Desert.. AND THEY COULDN'T GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER FOR 40 YEARS! So why did I have to feel this now? What lesson do I have to Learn? With this Question I poured into the Scriptures to find answers. I read conference talks and cross referenced them with everything I have been learning and it finally clicked. If I can I would love to share my findings with you all... 
 If we follow the example of our Savior his entire ministry was spent walking. He walked over 60 KMS just to be Baptized by John the Baptist in Jordan... Not to mention his several trips between the cities of the coasts, Galilee and Jerusalem. He walked A LOT. On his feet he brought the Good Word to all who would listen, no matter the Distance. Given all his Miracles, I am sure He could have just ¨ Carried himself away¨ (as happened when he was tempted by Satan) to any of these places. But He chose to walk. He chose to find every person possible to help them and to serve. To stop on the Wayside and to search for all those ready to hear the New Covenant, and the New Law. To let them know that the One to be an Eternal Sacrifice had come. It is interesting to read that in Ephesians chapter 6, In the Armor of God the feet are ¨Shod with the Gospel of Peace.¨ It is easy to wait for an easy way out. For a time when we don´t have to walk the Long road, at times thinking that we are passing through ¨ The Valley of the Shadow of Death.¨ Why can´t we just skip to the End where we live with Heavenly Father in Heaven without pain and with eternal joy? Why is it we have to face trials and feel pain? It is so easy to ask, ¨ Why do I have to feel this pain?!¨ The answer to this question is a question. How many times on this path have we thought to look up? To forget our aching feet and see our fellow travelers struggling to make it as well... To see others with burdens much greater than our own. Have we thought to stop and help? Have we tried to follow our Lord´s Perfect example? Can we be the Good Samaritan? We are not the only travelers with aching feet and tired backs. The Lord has said ¨Come unto me all ye that are weary and Heavy Laden and I will give you rest.¨ IF we are truly disciples of Christ shouldn't we want to do the same? It is funny that when we forget about our own problems and begin to start helping others, like we promised in our covenant of Baptism as recorded in  Mosiah 18:8-10

 8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
 9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—
 10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?)

we begin to change. We begin to feel the love of the Savior. He becomes the center of our lives. We begin to see his face in ALL who have fallen by the wayside. All who are weary and want rest. Who are looking for the healing power of The Atonement even if they themselves don´t know it. We should be happy to stand on Wounded Feet. To ATTEMPT to even TRY to walk some of the path that He has walked. I bear testimony that this is the path He walked. HE has marked the Path. HE has tried the darkness of despair utterly alone so that WE DON´T HAVE TO. He has placed lights along the path and He stands waiting to hold our hand as we try and walk it behind him. All we have to do is look up from our own aching feet and see those around us. As we begin to extend this hand of love and charity all along the path find it much easier to walk. They see the good in this life and begin to be filled with joy, and before we know it we will reach the end of the Path where stands The gates of Heaven. There at that moment we will look to our left and right and see all those we brought with us. There we will weep at the joy that we helped in the Salvation of our Fellow Brothers and Sisters. Then the Savior will come up to each of us and we will fall on bended knees weeping with joy as He says ¨Well done my good and Faithful Servant. My grace has made thee whole¨ even as clear as he has said ¨ Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me¨  And there we will weep with joy and the tears of our joy will fall upon his wounded feet. We will feel the nail prints. We will know that He is The Christ and then we will begin to walk the path of eternal life through The Gates of Heaven.  To close I want to share the Words of Elder Jeffrey R Holland a living Apostle and Special Witness of Jesus Christ as he says ¨I thank Him and the Father, who gave Him to us, that Jesus still stands triumphant over death, although He stands on wounded feet...; I thank Him and the Father, who gave Him to us, that He still extends unending grace, although He extends it with pierced palms and scarred wrists...; I thank Him and the Father, who gave Him to us, that we can sing before a sweat-stained garden, a nail-driven cross, and a gloriously empty tomb.¨

I testify of Him as well. He lives and is our Eternal Captain, In the Sacred name of Jesus The Christ. Amen.
Elder Hefner
 I got this for dad for father´s day but it broke... I was going to send it but the clay wasn´t set all the way... Please know that ¨It is the thought that counts..¨ ..

pig roasting over an open fire
Us moving a house in the ward (Me doing all the ¨ Heavy Lifting¨) lol.
A picture that shows just how much weight I am truly loosing in my new area.. AND NO I AM NOT SUCKING IN MY GUT lol... 
Me and Elder Alvarez de Guatemala
 ME and two of the girls I am currently Teaching with the family from the Noche De Hogar BarBQUEEE!

My e-mail to Elder Hefner and his response

Heavenly Father and the Spirit are amazing! So I am at work this morning and all of the sudden I felt I needed to send an extra e-mail to my Elder Hefner (today is P-Day) with the subject:
Elder Hefner's response:
NO WAY I TOTALLY WAS SINGING THIS TODAY IN A RUTA FOR SOME RANDOM REASON!!! WE ARE IN TUNE MAMA!! lololololol

Ok I have to go momma!!! I LOVE YOU ! Tell dad I love him! ttyl!!! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!
Elder Hefner






No comments:

Post a Comment