Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Live what you believe

Doing what I do best... Grilling up some MEAN Tacos!!! I marinated the meat for 2 days and it was SOOOOOO TASTY.

New Comp..

My ¨son¨ in the mission Companion Number 5 ! :) The call the trainers ¨Dads¨ and ¨Moms¨ here... I think it is a culture thing lol My comps name is Elder Ramos from UTAH! He is the oldest of 9 kids!!! He is awesome and has a lot of desire to learn. ... maybe you can find the mom of Elder Ramos on Missionary moms and let her know her son is ok and in great hands. I am going to teach him how to cook (He doesn't know lol) By the time these three months are up he is going to be even more of a fantastic missionary than he is now. He has the most important tool though and that is the Spirit.. HE HAS PLENTY OF IT and I am super grateful for a companion who wants to learn and work together in Harmony. I am sure he will receive MANY MIRACLES.

Zone Conference and this week

... mom this area was so dead. We had to work to hard to revive it. BUT The hermanas have 3 with a date that I have help taught. Whenever they have a husband our young man who doesn´t listen very well they call me in and we normally have VERY POWERFUL lessons. But a young man they are teaching has specifically asked me to baptize him. BUT we have an amazing new family we are teaching who assisted church for the first time..: WHICH IS A MIRACLE because they live like 30 mins away and they LOVED CHURCH!!! Turns out a member is one of their best friends and they are SUPER CLOSE with him. We have another who has accepted to be baptized so we are putting a date with her and another Young man who has A LOT of potential to be baptized. The zone conference was AMAZING!. Our mission president is a modern day Captain Moroni. Elder Zivic has such a strong spirit. I found the new family contacting with spirit and the young woman as well.. And we found the young man contacting as well... IT IS AWESOME!
Zone Navarette with Elder Zivic from the First Quorum of the Seventy and his wife and President Castillo... I am on the upper right...

Zone Service Project and Grilling!

Doing a zone service project in my zone! My New Machete :) and fixing up the roofs here. Elder Falogoo (The Huge Samoan WARRIOR) Found a snake while we were cutting and it was sick watching them battle it out as he killed the snake lol Also fixing up the VERY leaky roof!

ALSO...Sharpening our machetes and more slashing and wacking... I miss our gas powered weed wacker .... lol AND LAWN MOWER.
 

 

 

 





Family Home Evening

Doing what I do best... Grilling up some MEAN Tacos!!! I marinated the meat for 2 days and it was SOOOOOO TASTY. Hermana Charo´s son is serving in mexico so she wanted to taste what he was eating everyday. SO we turned it into a giant Noche De Hogar (Family Home Evening) And we invited another family and a bunch of investigators. Two of whom have a date for baptisms!!! WOOOO DISTRICT ESPERANZA!!!!! Btw Hermana Cordova made some KILLER authentic homemade Guacamole! :´)

 






A message to you

The more I am studying the Scriptures and Jesus The Christ I am becoming closer to my Savior. It is really my ultimate goal right now. I want to know him better and I REALLY want to have a relationship with him. Right now I only know the Power of his Atonement. I know the Actions but I fail to know the man. But I am learning a little more everyday.

1st Timothy 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

 13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

 14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

 15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

 16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Sometimes in this life we have a hard time preaching the gospel. Well maybe it is time we apply this quote to our lives ¨Preach the Gospel and when necessary use words.¨ Live what you believe Brothers and Sisters. When you are in public AND when you are alone. Remember you are the examples of truth.

But hey I got to go now. need to put a good example... Love you a ton.

Elder Hefner

No comments:

Post a Comment