Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A 105 year old lady...an AMAZING Spiritual Experience

Service for one of our investigators!! Washing their dog who is just as hyper as Kenai... The neighborhood got a kick out of the two missionaries ... We are teaching the WHOLE BLOCK NOW!! We are doing a FHE next Monday of about 16 investigators!!!! :)

A 105 year old lady...

So this week we happened to have a spot in our agenda where their was NO Appointments for about 4 hours... That is a little uncommon... so we paused during our planning and my new companion just kind of waited for a response as to where I thought we should go. I closed my eyes and prayed that the Lord would reveal to me where to go. It then came clearly to my mind that we had to go FAR OUT. An area where we have to take a 15 minutes bus ride too then after a 16 min dirt bike ride. I followed the impression even though common sense said that the people who lived there would NEVER go to church because it is 45 mins away and it is a really poor town. We went with faith and first passed by a recent convert who hadn't had anyone visit her in almost 2 months... Then we contacted a reference and HE called US 4 times to confirm... He really wanted to hear our message... We got there and he immediately asked us to ¨Pray over¨ his Grandma.. This man has to be 60 years old... I asked him if I heard him right and he said yes. His grandma of 105 years old was sick and needed a ¨Prayer.¨ We obviously agreed and explained what a priesthood blessing was. We then followed him to a neighboring house. What happened next I will never be able to forget. We walked into a room where the oldest lady I had ever seen was laying on a old torn bed half dressed. She was Nothing but Skin and bones... Literally. She had broken her hip and was crying in pain. I felt my stomach drop and I honestly wondered if this is how The Savior or Pedro (Peter) or Joseph felt when they were called to heal the Sick. They moved her up to sitting position where I then read The Scripture in Santiago 5 (James 5) when it says to call the Elders if anyone is sick. It was the first time my companion anointed during a blessing AND in a language he didn't know. I placed my hands on her head and pronounced one of the most solemn blessings I have ever given. I promised her that she would see her Lord soon and that she should be full of Peace and feel no more pain. After the blessing all was VERY quiet in the house. By that point THE WHOLE FAMILY showed up and heard what was going on. We then sat down and taught the plan of Salvation to this family. By the time we all finished they all said the Doctrine was beautiful and wanted us to pass by again to share more. The second miracle was that buses didn't pass by at that time because it was so late and I knew it the minute we started the lesson, but we continued teaching literally putting all my faith that the Lord would provide the way home. We took the motorcycle and the guy actually decided to wait with us... he waved down an express bus WHICH DO NOT STOP FOR ANYONE and told them to take ¨2 Stranded youth¨ The bus driver agreed and then told us that is was free. I am sure it was because he noticed the scriptures in our hands and that we brought ¨The Word of God.¨ These are the days that make EVERY trial worth it... Out of this one experience we now have 3 brand new families AND the man showed up to church on Sunday...

The ¨Other part¨Of my experience with the Old lady...

Also I want to share the ¨Other part¨Of my experience with the Old lady... She fell incredibly quiet after the blessing... No more crying and no more moaning. We taught the family and after she called me into the room. She asked me to pass my hand over her stomach thinking that if she could have felt such peace I could help heal her stomach. I placed it there for a few minutes... But honestly afterwards I fell to one knee by her bedside and I felt the Spirit wash over me and I truly felt I was in the Saviors place and I told her. ¨You are a beloved daughter of God. He has no forgotten you and will NEVER forget you. Every prayer you have prayed is being answered. I literally saw this daughter of God through the eyes of the Savior. I felt such love for this women that I could not help but to cry. She whispered out God bless you. Thank you. And she fell asleep after that. It was something that only a former missionary can understand. Sometimes we think we are just young guys called to preach, but in reality we are ministers and representatives of Jesus Christ, We stand in his place and have to minister as He would minister. It was something amazing dad...



Birthday Gift and sending love...

But I bought my gift today.. I bought REAL Honey-nature sandwich bread JUST like the stuff we have at home and ham and cheese AND REAL ORANGE ORANGES!!! And Cilantro for my district. We are going to eat a good lunch the day of General Confrence.. To me it is better than cake or anything else. Just that we can have the time to eat REAL food together will be awesome! It is honestly the first time I have eaten like this in about 9 months. I bought Cilantro for Hermana Cordova and she´s going to make REAL Mexican Guacamole again!!! it is going to be a district picnic basically between Sessions!!

My time is almost up... PLEASE send my love to Patriarch Gasque and his wife and Brother and Sister Hoglund and Brother and Sister Pratt! AND THE WHOLE WARD! Hey Don't be surprised if I only go to the Spanish Sacrament meeting when I get back... I had to teach in English the other day AND IT DID NOT WORK...lol

Love you a ton! Write down what you learned during Conference.... I will share what I did too!!! YOU ALL ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!! :) Talk to you next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Hefner

No comments:

Post a Comment