Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Key to Leadership is Charity


A lesson we all should do

Hey Dad.... So our area is alive again and we have some great investigators... I held a District meeting yesterday where I knew I had to speak on love.  So I got up and Spoke on Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel. I wrote all the Attributes of Christ on the Board and then gave paper to all the Elders and Sisters and had them write 2 or 3 Christ like Attributes on each card for each missionary present saying which were the 2 or 3 that we could see the most in that missionary. I then had each one get up and explain what they put and why specifically for each missionary. The Spirit FILLED THE ROOM so intensely that after we finished all was silent. I then got up and talked about the changes in the mission that we were seeing about obedience and that we were forgetting on changing ourselves first. Everyone realized it as the truth. We all are now studying Preach my Gospel Chapter 6 now more... The key to baptizing is Christlike Missionaries who are worthy and able to more easily listen and testify with the Holy Ghost. I felt the Authority of my calling as I spoke as well. But it is funny that that authority didn't manifest itself with a feeling of power but an OVERWHELMING feeling of love for the Elders and Sisters of whom I have care over... I am gaining such a strong testimony that the Key to Leadership is Charity... D&C 121 Love you dad.. I used you as an example during my capacitation. Talk to you next week!
Elder Hefner

My companion is Elder Torres from the Capital... He´s a good guy who loves to work..

And it came to pass...

So this week we sat in a lesson with one of our great potential investigators... As we sat down I strongly felt we had to start all over again with the lessons ( I had been gone for about a month) So we started from Lesson 1 The Restoration. As we sat there me and my companion were so in sync that we taught with such clarity and the Spirit. When we finished we invited her to read the Book of Mormon again and pray to see if it is the truth. She then told us their was a chapter she just loved but couldn't find it in the Book of Mormon and it started with ¨ And it came to pass¨... Me and my companion looked at each other and I started to pray so hard that we could find this scripture. WE KNEW it was the key. As I prayed silently he asked her to close her eyes and imagine the page so she could give us more detail..: She said she thought it was in Moroni... IT WASN'T... Then she said it had to do with a group of people. Me and my companion furiously searched every scripture we knew of. Finally my companion looks up and with a grin says 3 Nefi 11. I read the first verse to her and she lit up! She said YES!! THAT´S IT!! We invited her to read it and will be returning Friday to put a Baptismal Date. Talk about being grateful for the Holy Ghost! :)
 

Helping blow up about 150 balloons for the birthday of one of our investigators.




I made my famous ¨Rice Pot Cake¨... We bake cakes in the pots that we cook rice because we don´t have anything related to a baking pan in the house lol

HERE THEY START CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS THE 15th OF OCTOBER.... WE ARE ALREADY SINGING CHRISTMAS HYMNS IN CHURCH. You would love it here mom.... Me? I am going INSANE lol

 And us ¨Jicome¨ and me from the back of a motorcycle.. lol












He was really excited to take a Motoconcho lol
Working with Elder Grange in one of the ONLY mission vehicles 


I am doing much better though... I missed my bucket showers and No A/C honestly... I feel more at home here in the field than in the luxury of The 1st World... I don´t know what´s happening to me but honestly I feel like I am finally loosing myself to the Work. Nothing else matters to me right now... I love you guys a ton. The words of one of my favorite hymns in Spanish basically sums up how I am feeling right now... 
  1. Oíd, naciones; regocijad.
    La voz del cielo ya escuchad.
    En esta tierra se restauró
    la luz de la verdad.
  2. La gloriosa luz de la verdad
    brillará por la eternidad.
    Alumbra, cual los rayos del sol,
    todo el mundo hoy.
  3. Vivíamos en oscuridad,
    antes de ver el amanecer.
    El alba vino; regocijad.
    La luz se deja ver.
  4. La gloriosa luz de la verdad
    brillará por la eternidad.
    Alumbra, cual los rayos del sol,
    todo el mundo hoy.
  5. Nos ha llamado Dios a servir;
    a todo pueblo hemos de ir.
    Vamos a enseñar con fervor
    en nombre del Señor.
  6. La gloriosa luz de la verdad
    brillará por la eternidad.
    Alumbra, cual los rayos del sol,
    todo el mundo hoy.




Per Google Translate:
Hear nations ; Rejoice .
The voice of the sky and listen.
In this land it was restored
the light of truth .
The glorious light of truth
will shine for eternity.
Shines , where the sun's rays ,
worldwide today.
We were living in darkness ,
before seeing the sunrise.
The dawn came ; Rejoice .
The light can be seen .
The glorious light of truth
will shine for eternity.
Shines , where the sun's rays ,
worldwide today.
He has called us to serve God ;
all the people we have to go.
Let's teach with fervor
on behalf of the Lord.
The glorious light of truth
will shine for eternity.
Shines , where the sun's rays ,
worldwide today.

  1. Mom keep the Missionaries fed please... Dad keep the Dogs fed... hahaha I love you guys more than words can explain. GO PREACH THE GOSPEL !!! :) TALK TO YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK!!!

Elder Hefner
Cooking with my new comp. The only thing going through my head was ¨It´s all about precision¨. 

 

Figured mary would like this... We were walking out the street and these horses appeared out of nowhere lol




My District pausing for some ice cream on P-day! My new companion from The Capital. Remember Y´all are awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment