Saturday, January 23, 2016

Amoebas, Parasites and blessings of an LDS Doctor

and mom... The picture of me screaming is supposed to be quoted ¨Magnesium in my veins!!!!!!!!!¨ because of the medicine they had to give me. IT BURNED MY WHOLE ARM! lol (Note from mom: when I was pregnant with Elder Hefner I had to be in the hospital 7 times and they put magnesium via IV in order to stop him from coming at 28 weeks. I always joke of how much pain I suffered before I delivered him. Looks like he now understands...LOL) 

Sick for months and the blessings of a Mormon Doctor

Hey mama! I am here! I am emailing in this one because the other emails are huge! WHAT´S NEW besides the family being sick?? I am just going to be completely honest I have a mix of Amoebas which is a bacteria and Parasite eggs in my system... LOL I´ll be fine in a week!!! I just have to finish my medicine!! But their is a point where we have to put it in the Lord´s hands and say let what happens happens... 

They have everything and that is all that is going on! AND THAT LADY IS THE DOCTOR!!!! lol She´s a member!!! I was only in for a total of 8 hours... / hours on night and I came back the next morning for another round of medicine... But that is a thing is that I have been treated with SO MANY medicines that I am worried a little about my Kidneys lol Luckily I drink a lot of water!!!

And me in the hospital! Got to stay a couple days trying to pump out the Parasites and Amoebas in my stomach! hahahahaha Doctora Peralta is a member and a SUPER sweet lady. She got me back out and preaching in no time! 

Mom if you keep praying for me to get healed I will NEVER be healed. You are praying for the wrong thing. Pray that I have the strength to support the trials and have the strength to go out and preach everyday! The mission president told me I have had a rough mission. I told him to not even think about sending me home. lol Only way I am going home is in a casket or with honor... Pretty simple lol My comp is great! I am a missionary and I have the hosts of Heaven on my side....

OK SO who´s this Jose Smith that you guys believe in?

Ok so this week we came out of an awesome lesson and my comp has the impression to go to a certain investigadores (investigator's) house, so we went... On the way we realized that he was still at work and wouldn't be there... So on the way we pass a family and  they look pretty normal... BUT the Spirit came and told me to go back and talk to them... We started talking and the guy just starts off OK SO who´s this Jose Smith that you guys believe in? So we taught the restoration and it WAS AMAZING by the end of the lesson 13 people had shown up! THEN The miracle was that during the lesson one lady just stops us form talking and asks us ¨Elderes can you guys sing hymn number 81?¨ Our mouths just dropped... We said sure but really confused. She saw our confusion and said that her best friend is the secretary in a ward and she was talking with him right then and there! He explained that that was the hymn of his conversion... So with huge speakers in the street blaring I began singing ¨Secreta Oracion¨ After that they all accepted to read and pray on the Book of Mormon and all accepted return citas (appointments) !!!!
My zone here in Bella Vista (A LOT OF NEW GUYS).

Yea I read the email! It was super spiritual and I was actually thinking about the same this week! I wrote a really good talk for a zone conference that I may use when i get back! BUT You have to wait to hear it lol we have a TON of new families! And I have a baptism the 13th of February!!! Rossi and Leonardo! Rossi reminds me of a young version of you! She has short hair and has the same laugh and bubbly personality but also doesn't take junk from anyone!!! hahahaha She has 4 sons and has INCREDIBLE FAITH!!! :)
So This is what our service projects consist of here in the DR!!! We were digging out the foundations of a house for a church family.. The whole zone of missionaries were there! TALK ABOUT A WORKOUT!!!!
So we are right in the middle of planning and this MASSIVE guy comes out right from were my companions foot was.. LOL he was almost 2x's bigger than the size of my hand... I FOUGHT THE BEST FOR MINUTES with my machete and finally came away victorious. My boot finished it off... I hope I don´t see him in Heaven. I´ll have to ask forgiveness for that brutal death lol

But Hey I have to go now... It is 6 O Clock!!! TIME TO PREACH!! HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!! Talk to you later!!! Talk to you guys next week! MAKE IT A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😄😊😊😊
Elder Hefner

No comments:

Post a Comment