Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Ever since I was a little kid I have had an activity I have loved to do...

My desk AKA my favorite area!

MOM I AM HERE!!!

Hey P-Day got changed to today for this week!!!! (My response: You got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! I have not written your e-mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) LOL I am fine!!! I AM FINALLY RECOVERED!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO. LOL no i am not sick!! We have a 3 hour training tomorrow so president thought it would be a better idea to have our P-day today instead of tomorrow! I have a message for you guys?? It´s pretty cool if you ask me... But it will take me a while to write... My week was good... really it was amazing! WE SAW SO MANY MIRACLES!!!!
A little golfing on P-Day!!! We have a course in our area!!! The biggest miracle was that a nonmember came up to us and said ¨You guys mormon?!¨ we yelled YEA! He replied that his son was the bishop of the ward and that he owned the course... He then proceeded to give us 2 for the price of one. It was a miracle because my comps personal card wasn't working either!
The goats on hole 3!

Just a talk I was asked to write a couple of weeks ago...

Hey Guys... Just a talk I was asked to write a couple of weeks ago... I had a feeling that I should share it with all of you. LOVE YOU GUYS!
  
Ever since I was a little kid I have had an activity I have loved to do. My dad taught me from a very young age how to body surf... We never really had the means to buy a real surf board but I was happy to learn how to body surf! It´s really easy. All you have to do is wait until the wave comes near and right before it hits you you´ll feel a tug. At that moment you have to jump in the air and put your body flat like a surf board and the wave will carry you all the way to shore right in the center of the wave. Well one time when I was 16 A wave that was massive came. I thought I could handle it and mistimed it. The size and power of the wave held me under the water for what seemed like eternity but what was really 15 seconds. I ended up smashing my head into the seashell ocean floor and found myself drowning for the first time in my life. To imagine the size of this wave... At this point in my life I was a full 259 lbs... Sometimes in life, we get thrown a wave that we just can´t handle. I found myself in this situation in my mission. I was sick for a total of 12 times straight. Passing 14 months of my mission without rest for my body. I truly didn't think I could keep going. As missionaries here the physical demand on our bodies is already strenuous enough. I asked the Lord why is was that it had to happen. The Doctors from the mission and Caribe even were pushing to send me home. As I was lost in my own confusion and in reality pain, The words of a familiar scripture came to my mind. I opened my scriptures to Doctrine and Covenants. There I found the words of The Prophet Joseph Smith. Here he explains the situation and the feelings he was feeling, He says ¨When I learn that the storm is fully blown over, then I will return to you again.
 2 And as for the perils which I am called to pass through, they seem but a small thing to me, as the envy and wrath of man have been my common lot all the days of my life; and for what cause it seems mysterious, unless I was ordained from before the foundation of the world for some good end, or bad, as you may choose to call it. Judge ye for yourselves. God knoweth all these things, whether it be good or bad. But nevertheless, deep water is what I am wont to swim in. It all has become a second nature to me; and I feel, like Paul, to glory in tribulation; for to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all,and will deliver me from henceforth; for behold, and lo, I shall triumph over all my enemies, for the Lord God hath spoken it.

Sometimes we are called to pass through trials and sometimes we have it a little easier, but I have learned something these past 14 months. We can not lose Hope. Hope is the ¨anchor of our souls¨ (James E. Foust)  It is what can see us through any storm. According to Preach my Gospel, 
¨Hope is an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to you. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance. It is believing and expecting that something will occur. When you have hope, you work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good. Hope helps you conquer discouragement. The scriptures often describe hope in Jesus Christ as the assurance that you will inherit eternal life in the celestial kingdom.
President James E. Faust taught:
“Being blessed with hope, let us, as disciples, reach out to all who, for whatever reason, have ‘moved away from the hope of the gospel’ (Col. 1:23). Let us reach to lift hands which hang hopelessly down¨
So yes, life is going to throw us some waves we just can´t handle. THEY ARE NECESSARY. Without them we can´t grow, but let us follow the council of brother Joseph. When the deep waters come, when the waves get too big, when we are held under feeling that we can´t get up again. Keep Swimming. The wave will pass. Rescue is on the way. We get so confused beneath the swirling waters that in our greatest moment of crisis we forget to look up. There is an old friend waiting to pull us out, our eternal Lifeguard. Yea even Jesus The Christ. He has spent time in the deepest water. He has been pushed down farther than any man who has walked this earth has been pushed. He is the only one with the strength, knowledge and love who can lift us out. I find peace in what I am now truly called to be and do. As a missionary I am his representative. Maybe the words of my favorite hymn can sum up what It is We as missionaries are called to do The hymn goes like this
¨
  1. 1. Brightly beams our Father's mercy
    From his lighthouse evermore,
    But to us he gives the keeping
    Of the lights along the shore.
    (Chorus)
    Let the lower lights be burning;
    Send a gleam across the wave.
    Some poor fainting, struggling seaman
    You may rescue, you may save.
    2. Dark the night of sin has settled;
    Loud the angry billows roar.
    Eager eyes are watching, longing,
    For the lights along the shore.
    3. Trim your feeble lamp, my brother;
    Some poor sailor, tempest-tossed,
    Trying now to make the harbor,
    In the darkness may be lost.

    As his representative I testify that He lives. He is waiting to lift up the hands that have fallen in despair but only if we seek him. In the sacred name of Jesus the Christ. Amen. 
ELDER HEFNER

PS - SO I finally got the house clean enough to send pictures... lol The Flag is the door to my Bathroom LOL...Our Living room and ¨Sofa¨ and our life saving water tanks! WOO Our Washer and Dryer... Lol jkjk dryers don´t exist here. See clothing lines????


No comments:

Post a Comment